We released some improvements and fixes to SharePoint Vitals this month. Here's what's new:
- Hide "Default" office and department from left navigation, and from the offices and departments listing pages. The "Default" office or department is where we allocate user accounts that don't have an office or department field set, but this was confusing for end users, so we removed this from displaying in the sidebar and listing pages. Note: The Default office and department is still accessible via search and directly via URL (e.g. /#/default).
- Fix: If office or department names were too long, they were being ""cut off" in the sidebar. We fixed that by wrapping the names if they're too long.
- Fix: Certain users weren't able to sign in to existing tenants if their email address is different from their User Principal Name (UPN).
- Fix: If a user exists in more than one tenant that is synced to OneDirectory, their user details weren't syncing correctly.
- Fix: Squashed a small rendering bug with profile pics.
- Added filtering definitions for BusinessPhone and MobilePhone for custom fields functionality.
- Removed sidebar "snapping" behavior. It didn't add much value to the user experience, and removing it makes page scrolling smoother.Read More
Here's what we released and fixed in August 2020 for SharePoint Vitals:
Last week's OneDirectory release was all about location.
Here's an overview of what's new:
Addresses on profiles 📍
Employee profiles now show the employee's address, pulled from their Office 365 user profile information, and also shows a map.
Clicking on the map opens a fully browsable map view of that location, right in your employee directory.
Full map view 🗺️
OneDirectory now has a built-in map view to allow you to browse addresses without leaving the app. As expected you can scroll, zoom, flip to satellite view and street view etc. directly within your employee directory.
List view improvements 📝
We made a few improvements to the list view, including tooltips on email and contact numbers, reordered columns, improved column widths, and better text wrapping.
And if you have custom fields enabled you'll now see these show in your list views. Previously custom fields were only displayed on the employee profiles.
Other updates and fixes 👏🎉
Say hello to the new OneDirectory profile, a way for your teams to easily visualize the Microsoft 365 profile information of their coworkers.
Here's what's new in the new OneDirectory profile:
Some small updates from your friendly SharePoint analytics team to make your SharePoint Vitals experience even better.
Improved the layout of the Overview report 📊
A slick new date picker 🗓️
Legends, tooltips, and chart lines are now color coordinated: blue 🔵 for document metrics and purple 🟣 for page metrics.
Improved the "Where are people accessing SharePoint from?" map 🗺️